As warmer weather rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Anchorage? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was operating well last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to book any service for it, such as changing the oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your equipment inspected annually by a Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services expert can help find minor issues before they lead to huge breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside your home, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect in your unit can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to increased energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and in the long-term, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate minor troubles before they lead to large, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely inspect components and complete a cycle of cooling performance checks. These in-depth measures often allow us to identify troubles before they become major issues that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your AC is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the smartest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and components:
- Full unit order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services pros a ring at 907-202-9798 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.