Anchorage Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance Services
Our Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing team offers an affordable air conditioner repair service to get your cooling system up and running again. We’re family-owned and -operated, so you always get personalized service. Whether you need central AC repair or regular air conditioner maintenance, our team is ready to help.
Dealing with a faulty heater? Our heating system repairs can restore your home’s comfort during Alaska’s most brutal winters.
Common Emergency Repair Situations in Southcentral Alaska
Keeping up to date with normal air conditioning repairs and maintenance means having fewer emergencies. Fortunately, when it comes to an air conditioner, the consequences of an emergency are not as bad as with a furnace.
That said, a refrigerant leak puts dangerous chemicals out into the open, and an electrical problem could start a fire. In cases where you have vulnerable people in your home, bad air quality can also constitute an emergency.
If you aren’t sure, give us a call and let us help you decide. We operate a 24/7 emergency line.
Air Conditioning Repairs in Anchorage, Alaska
Granted, we seldom have to crank the AC up here. However, we do have to worry about proper ventilation, and that means that your air conditioner breaking down is troublesome.
Here are some of the most common problems we solve:
- No airflow or low airflow is likely an issue with the fan, but it can also be electrical or due to a faulty thermostat. Give our team a call as soon as possible to prevent things from getting worse.
- Stuffy air means that there’s a problem with the circulation. This could be a clogged filter or something more serious like a broken fan or blocked duct. Check the filter first, and if that doesn’t help, call us.
- A significant increase in your utility bills without increasing usage. This typically means that your unit is not as efficient as it should be, and this could be due to a worn or dirty component. A professional AC tune-up will usually resolve this issue.
- Uneven temperatures mean that there is likely a problem with the thermostat.
- Leaks can either be condensate or refrigerant. The former might indicate that the coils are freezing and the temperature is too low. It could also mean that the system is overflowing somewhere, which could be a clog. Refrigerants are more serious, so call us urgently.
Don’t let an old, failing ruin your daily routine. Schedule AC replacement with our experts to enjoy a more efficient and reliable plumbing system in Southcentral Alaska.
AC Maintenance in Mat-Su Borough
How often should you schedule air conditioning repairs and maintenance? The answer is that you should always conduct repairs as soon as possible.
You can service your unit once or twice a year. We suggest doing so in early spring and fall for the best results.
A maintenance visit is more intensive than a repair because we take apart the unit, clean it out, and check for faults. Here’s what we check:
- The refrigerant levels: and, if necessary, locate any leaks. After we repair the leaks, we top up the chemicals.
- The air ducts: for signs of mold, leaks, and debris. We’ll discuss treatments with you if we find any issues.
- The evaporator coil: and other core components to see what state they’re in. We clean them and replace worn parts if necessary.
- Operations: ensuring the heating and cooling processes are operating as they should. We check that there are no crossovers between operations.
- Electrical terminals and motherboards: If necessary, we’ll reapply the non-conductive protective coating.
We also oil the motors, check the belts, and carefully assess all the moving components. Where one may fail soon, we replace it. Doing this prevents potentially broken pieces causing strain on the rest of the system.
In addition, we check the thermostat and recalibrate it if necessary. As this is usually one of the first parts to wear out, we also check it for usability. If there is better technology available, we may suggest switching over.
Is your central air conditioning system malfunctioning? Call our team at Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing at 907-336-3100 for any air conditioning repairs and maintenance in Anchorage, Eagle River, Girdwood, Mat-Su Valley, and the surrounding areas.