During the cold Anchorage months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services right away if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services at 907-202-9798 or schedule an appointment with us online.