Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Anchorage is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services consistently recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services in Anchorage at 907-202-9798 today.