Having regular air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Anchorage summertime, have the specialists at Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to ensure proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services today at 907-202-9798.