With warmer weather nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could drastically raise your costs and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services professional perform air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating at its best for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services a call at 907-202-9798.