In Anchorage you count on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace service
visit any day. Simply put, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and influence your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some indicators for you to look for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a professional, like Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services, if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Indications related to your blower could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these signs, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services at 907-202-9798 when you need to arrange repairs or regular maintenance.