Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Anchorage are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services in Anchorage can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 907-202-9798 and keep cool this summer.