There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Anchorage, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services technician comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Anchorage. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Discount Mechanical Heating & Plumbing Services a call at 907-202-9798 to start saving a little more today.